Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad answer, chaps!  (Read 3268 times)

DrBear

Bad answer, chaps!
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:08:28 PM »
The British tabloid The Sun with a list of rotten answers from TV and radio.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Robert Hutchinson

Bad answer, chaps!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 09:15:25 PM »
Funny--but does Family Fortunes have some sort of non-survey portion?

("Name the capital of France." "Paris." *buzz buzz* "Try again." "... ... ...")

EDIT: I fixed a verb.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 01:22:29 AM by Robert Hutchinson »
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Matt Ottinger

Bad answer, chaps!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:45:14 PM »
[quote name=\'The Sun Online\' date=\'Nov 30 2005, 07:08 PM\']Their madcap answers are among a hilarious list of corkers from real TV and radio competitions doing the rounds on the Internet.[/quote]
Therefore they MUST be true!

As Robert astutely pointed out, the Paris/France one couldn't have possibly come from Family Fortunes, and chances are a lot of others aren't real either.  Funny, but not real, which is kinda iffy journalism, even for The Sun.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

Bad answer, chaps!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:38:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 30 2005, 09:45 PM\'][quote name=\'The Sun Online\' date=\'Nov 30 2005, 07:08 PM\']Their madcap answers are among a hilarious list of corkers from real TV and radio competitions doing the rounds on the Internet.[/quote]
Therefore they MUST be true!

As Robert astutely pointed out, the Paris/France one couldn't have possibly come from Family Fortunes, and chances are a lot of others aren't real either.  Funny, but not real, which is kinda iffy journalism, even for The Sun.
[snapback]103602[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention the questions about the Taj Mahal and Hitler's first name.

In fact, most of those questions about "Family Fortunes" have been floating around for years, even attributed to "Family Feud," without bothering to change "Name a famous Royal" to how we'd ask it here--"Name a member of the British Royal Family."

Gotta admit--have a fondness for "Name a long-necked bird--Naomi Campbell."  And if that "Extras" ep had any basis in truth, Les Dennis more than appreciates the plug.