Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New pic of Dick...  (Read 5830 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
New pic of Dick...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 09:35:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 10:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 06:55 PM\']You can have the rotten little blonde.  I'll stick to Amy Jo Johnson, thank you very much.
[snapback]104238[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is that the Power Rangers chick?!

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]104244[/snapback]
[/quote]

You would be correct.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Kevin Prather

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 11:49:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 04:55 PM\']You can have the rotten little blonde.  I'll stick to Amy Jo Johnson, thank you very much.
[snapback]104238[/snapback]
[/quote]
Meh. I've never been in to domination.

DrBear

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 09:00:55 AM »
*going to have nightmares about several board members after reading this*
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tvrandywest

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
This thread is suddenly about dick. I thought it was about Dick.

A little more truth about his condition in The New York Daily News

Sad as it is, it comes closer to supporting what I've been lead to believe all along. That he most likely will be sitting or propped-up like they did FDR. No handheld mic. Instead a lav, boom or that headset.

I'm sure Dick is very concerned about how he appears in this first (and last?) appearance since his stroke. Especially since it's live without the safety net of tape. Let's hope he handles it like the on-air pro he has always been.

This will be the first time I actually pay attention to TV on New Years Eve since Ben Grauer!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:59:29 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

FOXSportsFan

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 03:58:35 PM »
If they use the setup at ABC News' Times Square studios as they have the last few years, then how hard could it be to give both Dick and Ryan stools or chairs behind a desk/podium?  It's obvious Dick and probably Ryan too won't be braving the elements with a half million of their closest friends outside, so just accomodate to a setup as such.  I have no doubt that Mr. Clark will do the same solid job he's always done.

On an aside: I don't know if other ABC affiliates have done this, but locally during WPVI's 5 p.m. news on NYE, they usually have had an interview with Dick from his perch at Times Square.  I'm presuming it's an affiliate thing, but I also like to think that hey it could be just a 'PVI thing because of course Philadelphia helped cement Dick as a legend thanks to some show called "American Bandstand".  Is it likely that affiliates will get to interview Dick prior to the show itself or will they be relegated to Ryan?

On an extra aside: With Ryan signing on with Dick Clark Productions, which for all intents and purposes he has, is it fair to presume that the talked about new American Bandstand is going to be helmed by Ryan?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 04:00:51 PM by FOXSportsFan »

tvwxman

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 04:51:25 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 10 2005, 03:58 PM\']On an aside: I don't know if other ABC affiliates have done this, but locally during WPVI's 5 p.m. news on NYE, they usually have had an interview with Dick from his perch at Times Square.  I'm presuming it's an affiliate thing, but I also like to think that hey it could be just a 'PVI thing because of course Philadelphia helped cement Dick as a legend thanks to some show called "American Bandstand".  Is it likely that affiliates will get to interview Dick prior to the show itself or will they be relegated to Ryan?
[snapback]104381[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's an affiliate thing. And ABC is damn good when it comes to shilling out the product....i had the pleasure of interviewing Clark via satellite a few years ago...unfortunately, at the same time i was interviewing Jimmy Kimmel, who, without a script, is a dry as a piece of cardboard. And because Kimmel was hosting the American Music Awards (Clark produces), he got most of the questions. Or took control of em...

Lousy interview. Bigger regret : not on my save tape.

Back on subject, I would SERIOUSLY be stunned if they offer Dick up for this...Ryan, yes. Hilary, yes. Dick, doubt it.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New pic of Dick...
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 10 2005, 12:58 PM\']On an extra aside: With Ryan signing on with Dick Clark Productions, which for all intents and purposes he has, is it fair to presume that the talked about new American Bandstand is going to be helmed by Ryan?
[snapback]104381[/snapback]
[/quote]
I had no idea such a project was being considered, but it certainly seems like Seacrest would be the logical choice considering the radio gigs he has now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

New pic of Dick...
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 06:17:19 PM »
Well I'm doubting it'll take off but according to some media related sites a new version of Bandstand is possibly starting up in summer or fall of '06.