Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Concentration  (Read 3989 times)

jmangin

Classic Concentration
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
Am I imagining things or do I remember some sort of audience game where dollar amounts were matched (instead of cars) in a certain time limit?

JamesVipond

Classic Concentration
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:22:21 AM »
I don't remember any audience game on Classic Concentration. I have been told, however, that in the syndicated series, if time permitted after a rebus round, Jack Narz played a game where the day's contestants had to match different kinds of foreign currency. Is that what you had in mind?
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

tvwxman

Classic Concentration
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:29:59 AM »
occasionally, they had an audience game...2 of em...

1 had a player matching little amounts of money...under a hundred IIRC...the other had players solving a fully exposed rebus....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Classic Concentration
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 11:36:10 AM »
Here's a shot of the money game in progress.

The Picture in Question

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Classic Concentration
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 03:12:26 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Dec 13 2005, 11:36 AM\']Here's a shot of the money game in progress.
[/quote]
Thanks for the snap.  Anyone know if they got some kind of bonus for nailing them all?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

HairMetalLives

Classic Concentration
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 07:51:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 13 2005, 01:12 PM\']Anyone know if they got some kind of bonus for nailing them all?
[snapback]104610[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, the just kept all the money they won; I think there was $500 available.

DJDustman

Classic Concentration
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 02:39:40 AM »
$500 matching all 7 pairs of cash. They kept whatever total they managed if unsuccessful.

gsnstooge

Classic Concentration
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 05:43:19 PM »
The audience game is a good reason why a contestant in the rebus game does not win money with matching 2 or three Wild Cards without having to solve the puzzle.  Otherwise, the audience game would have to have any or all of the following changes: less time, cheaper individual amounts, or cheaper amount for getting all 7.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:45:37 PM by gsnstooge »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Classic Concentration
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:11:43 PM »
I hope this is clear. Sometimes I get so into game shows, I can't follow my own writing.

It wasn't. I do it too, no biggie.

But from what I could tell, you're saying the $500 for matching wild cards shouldn't be "win or lose" because the audience game would have to slash its budget as a result. The bonus shouldn't affect the audience game. I don't think there were too many instances a pair of front and end games went so fast that they needed it anyway. Perhaps just the two we know of are the only times. So giving away $500 max isn't a budget breaker.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

zachhoran

Classic Concentration
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 07:20:17 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Dec 14 2005, 06:11 PM\']I don't think there were too many instances a pair of front and end games went so fast that they needed it anyway.

[snapback]104765[/snapback]
[/quote]

It seemed to me that they usually padded the show, notably the first maingame, with Trebek bantering with the contestants. I don't even remember seeing the audience game during the show's original run, I only heard about it looking at the website that showed a picture of it. They must not have played it many times.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 07:20:47 PM by zachhoran »

tvwxman

Classic Concentration
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 07:29:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Dec 14 2005, 05:43 PM\']The audience game is a good reason why a contestant in the rebus game did not win money with Wild Card matching without having to solve the puzzle.  Otherwise, the audience game would have to have this happen: less time, cheaper individual amounts, or cheaper amount for getting all 7.
[snapback]104764[/snapback]
[/quote]

Iris, is that you? No, can't be...there are too many periods resulting in actual sentences.

Otherwise, this makes no sense whatsoever.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"