Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right Christmas Special  (Read 4576 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

The Price is Right Christmas Special
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:59:10 PM »
Hello everyone! Long time, no post!

I wish to ask anyone in the forum if there were such a thing as a primetime TPIR Christmas Special sometime in the late 1980s. For some reason, I recall it happening, but I do not believe it existed.

If someone could help me with that, it would be truly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 12:02:53 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 08:59 PM\']I wish to ask anyone in the forum if there were such a thing as a primetime TPIR Christmas Special sometime in the late 1980s. For some reason, I recall it happening, but I do not believe it existed.
[/quote]
You're wrong and correct, in that order. Didn't happen.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:03:10 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 12:49:32 AM »
Along those same lines of foggy memories regarding primetime specials...

Aside from the 9/2/79 $20K Pyramid primetime special (with a young Rob Lowe, Tammy Lauren, et al.), were there ever any other Pyramid primetime specials? I could almost swear I remember watching another one besides that one...

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 12:53:25 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 12:49 AM\']Along those same lines of foggy memories regarding primetime specials...

Aside from the 9/2/79 $20K Pyramid primetime special (with a young Rob Lowe, Tammy Lauren, et al.), were there ever any other Pyramid primetime specials? I could almost swear I remember watching another one besides that one...
[snapback]105974[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think there were a couple of "Junior Pyramid" specials similar to that. I think they were shown on Sunday evenings during the late-70s.

Me being not born, I wouldn't know for sure. :-P I've just read about them.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 06:28:23 AM »
There was supposed to be a TPIR Christmas Primetime special taped in November 2002, but it never happened.

Maybe you are confusing this with the Home viewer Christmas showcase?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:29:14 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 10:30:21 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 06:28 AM\']There was supposed to be a TPIR Christmas Primetime special taped in November 2002, but it never happened.

Maybe you are confusing this with the Home viewer Christmas showcase?
[snapback]105988[/snapback]
[/quote]

If Roger and Co. knew in time about DOND, TPIR could have done an Xmas special and CBS could have aired it against the Friday DOND. Or they could have aired the unaired MDS from last Spring.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »
I think there were a couple of "Junior Pyramid" specials similar to that. I think they were shown on Sunday evenings during the late-70s.

Me being not born, I wouldn't know for sure. :-P I've just read about them.

I can confirm that there were.  There were a couple of times they aired on Labor Day weekend, and I think one more that aired in the wintertime.  When I get time I'll try to go through my TVGuides and get exact dates!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!