Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal Open Audition  (Read 4121 times)

sotcfan2004

Deal or No Deal Open Audition
« on: January 09, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »
Yesterday, there was a massive open casting call here in San Diego for Deal or No Deal contestants.  I was one of over 800 people who showed up.  In the event that DoND comes to your city, here's what to expect:

Long Lines  Okay, we all know that DoND did well in the ratings, but I never would have guessed it would have attracted such a following.  There were people with posters, homemade t-shirts, and a bunch of *very* enthusiastic people.  Expect, even if you're one of the first to arrive, to wait about 4 hours.

Application Even if you opt for an open audition in lieu of the normal process outlined on the website, you still have to fill out an application.  The good news is that the application they give you at the casting call is much shorter and more to the point.

The Actual Interview  The casting directors interview maybe ten or fifteen people at a time.  They will assemble you in a semi-circle around a table. Here's the questions my group was asked:
-What's the best gameshow on television? (Like you didn't see that coming!)
-Name? Where from? Occupation?
-Something about you people wouldn't know by your appearance?
-What would you do with $1,000,000?

That's it.  They continue to explain that if you get a call from them within the next two weeks, you will be invited to LA to meet the producers and continue the audition process.

That's all I know for now.  Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 01:51:04 PM by sotcfan2004 »

goongas

Deal or No Deal Open Audition
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:37 AM »
[quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 02:50 PM\']
That's it.  They continue to explain that if you get a call from them within the next two weeks, you will be invited to LA to meet the producers and continue the audition process.

That's all I know for now.  Wish me luck!
[snapback]107145[/snapback]
[/quote]

Someone I know who went to the audition was told that if they didn't hear back in twenty-fours hours, they would not be considered.  Also, he noticed the producers keeping certain people for more interviewing.