Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire 8PM on GSN  (Read 7276 times)

gsfan85

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:41:04 PM »
Hey everyone,

About a week ago, GSN skipped the 2 Rock Star episodes of Millionaire.  (The ones with the Backstreet Boys, Gladys Knight, etc.)  If my math works out (as I have been keeping track), we should be in June now, yet on the 2nd Rock Star episode (according to my original ABC tape), Regis says "Welcome to Valentine's Day at Millionaire."  

Were these 2 episodes supposed to air in February but got pushed to May, or has GSN gone back?  

Adam

gsfan85

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:47:47 AM »
Nope, the Rock Star episodes did not actually air, but if GSN didn't skip over them during the 8PM slot, they would have been on.  On the episode before the Rock Star edition, Regis announced the special shows and announced the celebs who would be on.  These episode which should have been from May.  Then on the 2 Rock Star episodes, Regis announces on the 2nd show that it was Valentine's Day.

Obviously these originally were supposed to run in February but were delayed, because on an episode from this week he mentions that it's June and summer vacation time.  

Sorry for the confusion, but I think I've figured everything out.

Adam

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:37:09 PM »
Gee, who here is mesmorized that one can reply to one self and make it sound like he's replying as if he was another person?

I know I don't say thhis often: but wow.

gsfan85

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:43:03 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 12:37 PM\']Gee, who here is mesmorized that one can reply to one self and make it sound like he's replying as if he was another person?

I know I don't say thhis often: but wow.
[snapback]107650[/snapback]
[/quote]

I didn't reply to myself...I replyed to someone elses reply to me saying that special shows air at 12AM not 8PM.  

Adam

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 12:43 PM\']I didn't reply to myself...I replyed to someone elses reply to me saying that special shows air at 12AM not 8PM. 

Adam
[/quote]

I don't see that post.

(Note to others: I'm not trying to come down on him, just thought this was strange)

Kevin Prather

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed the OPs first name?

BrandonFG

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »
It's not that Adam.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 03:31 PM\'][quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 12:43 PM\']I didn't reply to myself...I replyed to someone elses reply to me saying that special shows air at 12AM not 8PM. 

Adam
[/quote]

I don't see that post.

(Note to others: I'm not trying to come down on him, just thought this was strange)
[snapback]107655[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, you're succeeding at it.

The post in question was deleted, whether by the person who wrote it (Carl) or someone else. It was there. Common sense, smart guy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:30:53 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dzinkin

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »
PYLdude is right -- there was a post there and Adam wasn't replying to himself.  It would have helped if Adam had quoted from the message to which he replied, but he's hardly the only offender in this regard.  I've criticized Mr. Wurtzel often in the past, but only when he's deserved it; this isn't one of those times.

(Side note to whoserman: Messrs. Kleist and Wurtzel have many things in common beyond a first name, but as far as I know the latter hasn't broken any rules here since he was told to stop posting about tape trades.  Unlike Mr. Kleist, when informed of his offense Mr. Wurtzel actually did as he was told.)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 11:06:45 PM »
You're right, David. I was merely confused and found myself in the minority here. Still, I think he might have had the courtesy to edit his post to say that the previous one was deleted or quoted.  That would simply be a courtesy. But, I'm not trying to make excuses for myself.

I beg everyone's pardon.

Steve Gavazzi

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 02:16:49 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 11:06 PM\']You're right, David. I was merely confused and found myself in the minority here. Still, I think he might have had the courtesy to edit his post to say that the previous one was deleted or quoted.  That would simply be a courtesy. But, I'm not trying to make excuses for myself.

I beg everyone's pardon.
[snapback]107711[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would wager that Adam never noticed the post had been deleted, since it was obviously there when he wrote the reply.

(Wow...I just defended Adam Wurtzel.)

dzinkin

Millionaire 8PM on GSN
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 09:39:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 02:16 AM\']I would wager that Adam never noticed the post had been deleted, since it was obviously there when he wrote the reply.
[snapback]107717[/snapback]
[/quote]
Indeed.  If it was up to each of us to track when someone else's post had been deleted from a thread where we'd posted, the "Mark Raby has passed away" thread -- in which Mark posted lie after lie and kept deleting them as they were proven to be lies -- would have been a nightmare.

(Wow...I just defended Adam Wurtzel.)
Occasionally he does the right thing... at least, occasionally he doesn't do the wrong thing. ;-)