Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Just In: New TPIR MDS Date Set  (Read 6058 times)

bandit_bobby

This Just In: New TPIR MDS Date Set
« on: January 19, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »
I have just learned that barring any outside interruptions, CBS will air the missing TPIR Million Dollar Spectacular on Valentine's Day, February 14th. How sweet it should be.

Gus

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »
You know, there is an EDIT button. If you need to make a correction, you don't need to start an ENTIRELY NEW THREAD. I suggest you delete the first thread before someone posts a reply, which if I'm not mistaken, makes it undeleteable.

EDIT (See?): Thank you, Zink.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:12:59 PM by Gus »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:55:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 03:53 PM\']You know, there is an EDIT button. If you need to make a correction, you don't need to start an ENTIRELY NEW THREAD. I suggest you delete the first thread before someone posts a reply, which if I'm not mistaken, makes it undeleteable.
[snapback]108065[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can you even do that? I think only the mods can blow out a new thread.

(It's no biggie, since I have this idiot on ignore, and everyone else should, too.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 06:55 PM\'][quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 03:53 PM\']You know, there is an EDIT button. If you need to make a correction, you don't need to start an ENTIRELY NEW THREAD. I suggest you delete the first thread before someone posts a reply, which if I'm not mistaken, makes it undeleteable.
[snapback]108065[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can you even do that? I think only the mods can blow out a new thread.
[snapback]108066[/snapback]
[/quote]
You are correct -- only the mods can blow out a thread, new or otherwise.  Bobby could have edited the first post, but no one who knows Bobby's history should be surprised that he did not.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:03 PM\']Bobby could have edited the first post, but no one who knows Bobby's history should be surprised that he did not.
[snapback]108067[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yet, just hours earlier, he wants to call someone out for asking a "stupid question".
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Gus

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:12:25 PM »
Bringing the thread back on topic (not that it ever was), dontchall think it's kinda odd that they're putting it on a Tuesday night? Is that the first time they're doing a PT TPIR on a day other than Saturday (not counting the '86 Specials)?

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:12 PM\']Bringing the thread back on topic (not that it ever was), dontchall think it's kinda odd that they're putting it on a Tuesday night? Is that the first time they're doing a PT TPIR on a day other than Saturday (not counting the '86 Specials)?
[snapback]108069[/snapback]
[/quote]

The 30th anniversary primetime special from Vegas aired on a Thursday night in January 2002. There were a couple other recent primetime shows that aired on Thursday or Friday night IIRC. This upcoming special is the first primetime TPIR special to air on a Tuesday.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 07:21:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 04:12 PM\']Bringing the thread back on topic (not that it ever was), dontchall think it's kinda odd that they're putting it on a Tuesday night? Is that the first time they're doing a PT TPIR on a day other than Saturday (not counting the '86 Specials)?
[snapback]108069[/snapback]
[/quote]
Were I a guessing man, I would say that it's counterprogramming to American Idol.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 07:27:27 PM »
But...isn't the idea to have people watching your network? I grant that completely conceding the timeslot would be silly, but putting up TPIR against a known ratings winner seems silly. And I thought that TPIR did reasonably well on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
Travis L. Eberle

tvwxman

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »
Meanwhile, the fact that they're airing this ep in the middle of sweeps is a good clue that CBS wants to see if they can be successful with games again in primetime....esp after Deal/No Deals' run, and the announcement days ago that they're going forward with the game show marathon...

If this does well , expect the GSMarathon  to get a tuesday slot.....and expect games to start slowly migrating back to acceptance for tv execs....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

SplitSecond

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 08:48:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 05:27 PM\']But...isn't the idea to have people watching your network? I grant that completely conceding the timeslot would be silly, but putting up TPIR against a known ratings winner seems silly. And I thought that TPIR did reasonably well on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
[/quote]
How much of the Idol Nielsen audience overlaps with the Price Nielsen audience?  If you're up against a juggernaut, you need to find ways to pull audiences from elsewhere.  Until Idol starts getting a 100 rating and a 100 share -- meaning that everybody who owns a television in this country is watching it -- this isn't exactly a zero-sum game.

mmb5

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:21 PM\']Were I a guessing man, I would say that it's counterprogramming to American Idol.
[snapback]108073[/snapback]
[/quote]
It is also an Olympic night with figure skating, as well.  No need to burn an NCIS against this those two.  Although, the better Olympic matchup that day will be USA-CAN women's curling.  Hurry hard.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 09:08:22 PM »
If I were CBS, I'd air it at 9PM to avoid dealing with American Idol that night (unless Idol runs 2 hours that night).

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 09:15:47 PM »
Whatever the ratings, it's assured that quite a few people will be watching a Fremantle program during that hour.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:08 PM\']If I were CBS, I'd air it at 9PM to avoid dealing with American Idol that night (unless Idol runs 2 hours that night).
[snapback]108093[/snapback]
[/quote]Which, if you look a couple of posts above yours...

[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 05:27 PM\']But...isn't the idea to have people watching your network? I grant that completely conceding the timeslot would be silly, but putting up TPIR against a known ratings winner seems silly. And I thought that TPIR did reasonably well on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
[snapback]108076[/snapback]
[/quote]Is exactly what I said. It's very possible that American Idle doesn't skew old.  That's about the only hope TPIR would have, assuming they want to win the night.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:48:50 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle