Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Balance Game  (Read 6669 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Balance Game
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:43:36 PM »
So by complete blind Tivo luck, I had Price Is Right waiting for me this morning, enabling me to catch the debut of The New Balance Game.

It sucks. It's effectively Triple Prices with a buttload of chrome. 3c2 = 3.

Does anyone think that the game is worth all of the expense they went to to produce it?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Balance Game
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:07:50 PM »
Taking everything into account, for me it basically boils down to "take it or leave it." It's just another semi-quick game, but on the brightside the show has to do more of them these days, so having some variance isn't all that bad. The set it's pretty underwhelming, but the reveal with the wobbly scale is fun.

Problem with new games on TPIR? I think there are only so many things you can do with pricing before you start imitating other games. Once again, I could take it or leave it. Not that bad, but not earth shattering either.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvwxman

Balance Game
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:14:58 PM »
I like the concept. Really I do.

But what I'd like to know is, given how 'simple' it is, what the hell took so long in developing it and getting it on the air? I mean, this game has been rumoured since last summer....

For all of the wait, and the occasional talk on goldenroad.net about what's to come, I was expecting A LOT more....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Neumms

Balance Game
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:17:46 PM »
Given the two large objects the contestant brought with her, one might have thought she'd play the Balance Game better.

I sort of liked the game for what it was. The lights seem cheap, like the lights on "On the Spot" and "Let 'em Roll," as if they came in a strip from Menards. Anyone else notice this?

Brandon Brooks

Balance Game
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 6 2006, 08:43 PM\']So by complete blind Tivo luck, I had Price Is Right waiting for me this morning, enabling me to catch the debut of The New Balance Game.

[snapback]109608[/snapback]
[/quote]
Mind going into some more detail?

EDIT: Never mind.  Found Zachy's message.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:29:01 PM by Brandon Brooks »

jmangin

Balance Game
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Feb 6 2006, 10:17 PM\']The lights seem cheap, like the lights on "On the Spot" and "Let 'em Roll," as if they came in a strip from Menards. Anyone else notice this?
[snapback]109617[/snapback]
[/quote]

Apparently Price is using rope lights wherever possible now instead of individual chaser bulbs.  They were used for OTS and Half Off.

[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Feb 6 2006, 10:17 PM\']Given the two large objects the contestant brought with her...
[snapback]109617[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was hoping she'd play for a boat!  She'd have her own pontoons to use.

urbanpreppie05

Balance Game
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 12:25:47 PM »
I seem to be in the minority, but for a relatively quick PG, I enjoyed it, Simple, easy to understand, and attractive....

...but it doesn't make sense on how long it took to make it.

Next up, Penny Ante V3.
insert signature here

aaron sica

Balance Game
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 12:39:11 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:25 PM\']Next up, Penny Ante V3.
[snapback]109639[/snapback]
[/quote]

Followed by the update of one of everyone's FAVORITE pricing games for the 21st century......

"It's more than 'Bump', it's 'Bump 'n Grind'!"

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Balance Game
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:39 PM\']Followed by the update of one of everyone's FAVORITE pricing games for the 21st century......

[/quote]

Better that than them trying to bring back Professor Price (cringe).

WhammyPower

Balance Game
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:55 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:39 PM\']Followed by the update of one of everyone's FAVORITE pricing games for the 21st century......

[/quote]

Better that than them trying to bring back Professor Price (cringe).
[snapback]109643[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or Shower Game.  Unless somebody like the Balance Game lady played it.

Brandon Brooks

Balance Game
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:39 PM\'][quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Feb 7 2006, 12:25 PM\']Next up, Penny Ante V3.
[snapback]109639[/snapback]
[/quote]

Followed by the update of one of everyone's FAVORITE pricing games for the 21st century......

[snapback]109641[/snapback]
[/quote]
Now that's TV!

Brandon Brooks

ChuckNet

Balance Game
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »
I'm w/the majority...BC's alright, but nothing spectacular...I was more interested in that extremely cute contestant (Heather) who got to play it. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

joshg

Balance Game
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 10:04:33 PM »
When the scale started wildly flapping up and down, was anyone reminded of 'Professor Price'?
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

zachhoran

Balance Game
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 08:16:08 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 6 2006, 08:43 PM\']So by complete blind Tivo luck, I had Price Is Right waiting for me this morning, enabling me to catch the debut of The New Balance Game.

[snapback]109608[/snapback]
[/quote]

Squeeze Play and Pick a Number could also be called Triple Prices, but they're not. Freeze Frame could be called Octuple Prices, and Push Over could be called Sextuple Prices(depending on if and where zeroes appear in the series of numbers). Safe Crackers could have been called Sextuple prices in its early days(where zero was not always among the numbers on the dials of the safe), and could be called Quadruple prices today. The latter applies to Two for the Price of One.

BrandonFG

Balance Game
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 09:07:54 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 08:16 AM\']Squeeze Play and Pick a Number could also be called Triple Prices, but they're not. Freeze Frame could be called Octuple Prices, and Push Over could be called Sextuple Prices(depending on if and where zeroes appear in the series of numbers). Safe Crackers could have been called Sextuple prices in its early days(where zero was not always among the numbers on the dials of the safe), and could be called Quadruple prices today. The latter applies to Two for the Price of One.
[snapback]109707[/snapback]
[/quote]
Zach, just stop...you're thinking WAY too hard about this. Just be quiet...and get some fresh air. Outside.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 09:15:29 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!