Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Exictable Celebrities  (Read 6448 times)

ChuckNet

Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »
Kin Shriner on MG 98- Kin had that Richard Dawson MG 78 mentality. He looked sour, hated it when Mike would joke about his speed writing down an answer (to his credit, he HATED copying off someone else, he usually tried to come up with his own answer)
He remained seated during the credits while the other celebs were doing the usual moving and dancing, and during one show, Mike is seen talking to Kin, and it's obvious that he's telling Kin something like "you've GOT to get out of this funk you're in"

It didn't happen, though...he did get up and join the celebs during the close for at least 1 show early in the wk (albeit reluctantly), but by the time the end of the wk rolled around, he'd actually walk off the set during the credits(!).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

whewfan

Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 04:31:32 PM »
I did notice that Eubanks sped through the Money Cards in the later run, but that may have been at the request of the producer in order to fit in the car game.
As for Dream House, I'm sure the excitement was more genuine because the chances of a couple winning a dream house were less than 50/50, so I'm sure it was more fun for him when the couple actually won.

Gene Rayburn actually got pretty excited when a couple broke the bank on BTB 85, especially the first time it happened. I think in his mind, the chances of it happening were slim to none. On Gene's last show, he clearly gave up about being excited in anticipation of the bank being broken.

Richard Dawson did care for the contestants on Feud, but sometime in the early 80s, he was no longer around to join in the celebration as the contestants jumped around.

Louie Anderson used to stick around after a family won on Feud, but after a few shows, he apparently told the producers he didn't feel comfy joining in with the celebrations, and he needed extra time to change, so he simply walked off after signing off.

As for hosts that didn't seem to care...

Anne Robinson- ok, it was pretty much an act. She pretty much treated any win like it was "nothing".

The host of Polish CrossWits- we watched Polish CrossWits at GSC9, and the hostess and host didn't look like they were having any fun, and the contestants didn't seem to give a crap either. The male host would take away any prizes (why, I don't know, I don't speak Polish) but the contestants gave no reaction.

Ian Wallis

Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 09:18:19 AM »
Richard Dawson did care for the contestants on Feud, but sometime in the early 80s, he was no longer around to join in the celebration as the contestants jumped around.

What I didn't like about Dawson is that he was so critical of everything.  I remember reading interviews with him back in the late '70s-early '80s time frame where he was upset about some of the "stupid answers" people gave on his show.  This applied to both regular contestants and celebrities.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 11:33:44 AM »
I can't speak of that specific criticism since I haven't seen the interview in context, but Richard seems to have a mind for game shows. His constant jokes about other programs through the early 80s shows he was still a fan of the genre as much as he was a participant. His dislike with Bullseye on the new "Feud" is proof of that to me. I guess what I'm saying is I'd value his criticism, not take it as negative.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

LA the DJ

Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »
As for hosts, Marc Summers always seemed genuinely excited for successful Obstacle Course runs on DD and FDD, even going so far as to join in the slop sometimes (Which we all now know, must've been hell for him deep down).
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Don Howard

Exictable Celebrities
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 02:53:36 PM »
One of my favorite ladies on the planet----Rita Moreno.
This was in evidence in a Match Game clip that made one of those specials.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:09:31 PM by Don Howard »