Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy Nominations  (Read 6702 times)

zachhoran

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 07:49:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 07:46 PM\']For whatever reason, Mark's information above is wrong.  As goongas correctly said, only Jeopardy and Millionaire are nominated in the two major categories, according to the official Emmy site:

http://www.emmys.org/awards/daytimeawards_noms.php
[snapback]109760[/snapback]
[/quote]

When was the last time TPIR was not nominated for best Game Show, or has it been nominated for the entire history of the Daytime Emmys(since 1973 IIRC)?

Matt Ottinger

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 08:49 PM\']When was the last time TPIR was not nominated for best Game Show, or has it been nominated for the entire history of the Daytime Emmys(since 1973 IIRC)?[/quote]
According to the EOTVGS, The Price Is Right was not nominated for Outstanding Game Show in the 1980-1981 season.  It was only nominated one other time previous to that, in the 1975-76 season.  The Daytime Emmys began with the 1973-74 season. In its early days, TPIR was just another TV show.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:11:42 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

vtown7

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
IIRC, I read something lately that said that Directors and Special Class writing (for game shows) have all been absolved into the Outstanding Game/Participation show.

As if the soaps need more time...

Ryan :)

dzinkin

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 09:56:18 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 09:44 PM\']IIRC, I read something lately that said that Directors and Special Class writing (for game shows) have all been absolved into the Outstanding Game/Participation show.

As if the soaps need more time...

Ryan :)
[snapback]109778[/snapback]
[/quote]
Absolved?  You make it sound as though the writers need redemption.

Although I'm sure most of us could think of a few folks who need it. :-)

ClockGameJohn

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 03:09:05 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 06:22 PM\']And now, the complete list of game show-involved Emmy nominees:
[snapback]109752[/snapback]
[/quote]

You forgot one:

OUTSTANDING CHILDREN'S SERIES

ENDURANCE: TEHACHAPI  *  NBC
JD ROTH, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
TODD A. NELSON, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
JOHN FOY, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
ERIN WANNER, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
GRADY CANDLER, CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
CALEB NELSON, PRODUCER
JULIE SINGER, PRODUCER
MATT WESTMORE, COORDINATING PRODUCER
IAN GOLDING, PRODUCER
ERIC WESTMORE, LINE PRODUCER

;-)

Ian Wallis

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 09:12:56 AM »
As many of you know, Dirk's the main mixer, Maryann hits the music, Denise is the SFX and Jack adds the canned laughter after Barker says "...we can't start it again for 37 hours."

When I watched the show as a kid in the '70s I'm sure they said they couldn't start it again for 2 days...and I actually believed it back then!  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Steve Gavazzi

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Feb 9 2006, 09:12 AM\']
As many of you know, Dirk's the main mixer, Maryann hits the music, Denise is the SFX and Jack adds the canned laughter after Barker says "...we can't start it again for 37 hours."

When I watched the show as a kid in the '70s I'm sure they said they couldn't start it again for 2 days...and I actually believed it back then!  :)
[snapback]109798[/snapback]
[/quote]

He used to change up the time on every playing...the one I've always remembered is, "we can't start it again until next Saturday," yet I've never seen it in any clips I've found.

uncamark

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »
The source was the PDF version of the nominations on the Emmy web site (www.emmyonline.org).  My apologies for not considering looking at the HTML, DOC or whatever other version they had on the site to double-check.

Matt Ottinger

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 9 2006, 05:16 PM\']The source was the PDF version of the nominations on the Emmy web site (www.emmyonline.org).  My apologies for not considering looking at the HTML, DOC or whatever other version they had on the site to double-check.[/quote]
No apology necessary, it's just weird that their own site would have it wrong one place and right another.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Winkfan

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »
One more piece of Daytime Emmy info: This year's "Lifetime Achievement Award" will go to.....CARROLL SPINNEY!!!!! The man who gave life to Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch will be given the special honor during the ceremony.

Another reason to skip the broadcast.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Robin Riker-Halsey of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

davemackey

Daytime Emmy Nominations
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Feb 11 2006, 08:29 PM\']One more piece of Daytime Emmy info: This year's "Lifetime Achievement Award" will go to.....CARROLL SPINNEY!!!!! The man who gave life to Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch will be given the special honor during the ceremony.

Another reason to skip the broadcast.
[snapback]109974[/snapback]
[/quote]
Mr. Spinney's sent 37 years in that bird suit and in that trash can; I think it's worth something.

Better than to give it to Kevin Clash for his hijacking the show with Elmo.