Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Wheel Watcher's Dream Come True!  (Read 4648 times)

Timsterino

A Wheel Watcher's Dream Come True!
« on: February 11, 2006, 01:14:46 AM »
Ever since I was a teenager, I have been fascinated with Wheel of Fortune. It became a dream and a goal of mine to get on the show. So in November the Wheelmobile came to Fort Lauderdale and I tried my luck. I was invited back to the final audition at the Seminole Hard Rock and must of done something right because two weeks later I was called by the contestant coordinators and asked to be an alternate contestant for Fun in the Sun Week.

So I spent the entire taping day with the contestants and saw the ins and outs of what makes America's Game tick.

Fast forward:  So you can imagine my surprise when I received the call two weeks ago inviting me to Los Angeles for real!

I just spent the day at Sony Pictures Studios as a contestant for Wheel. My show will air on Tuesday, May 30, 2006. The theme is Wheel Across America.

I promise a full report when I get home. I can say that regardless of the outcome, I was not disappointed with myself. I was able to live a dream, spin the wheel and shake Pat Sajak's and Charlie O'Donnell's hands. :-)

More when I get back to Florida. :-)

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 01:17:22 AM by Timsterino »

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 01:21:31 AM »
I've been fascinated with WoF since I was 4, although my fascination seems to wane with every new twist and wrinkle they bring onto the show each year.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing your episode!

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:11:17 AM »
Congratulations for making your dream come true Tim.  It looks like that airdate falls in the final week of the season or thereabouts.  Should be intresting to see how it all plays out.

KWJCDon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 06:03:58 PM »
Way to go Tim!!! Wish I was able to make it myself back in November. Can't wait to see your episode!

Don

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
And there makes another board member's dream come true also (there happens to be alot of board members appearing this season).

Anyways, I feel how happy you are/have/will be coming from my experience (I still haven't recieved my winnings, but in due time), but congratulations and most of all, can't wait to see your show.

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 07:09:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 11 2006, 03:11 AM\']Congratulations for making your dream come true Tim.  It looks like that airdate falls in the final week of the season or thereabouts.  Should be intresting to see how it all plays out.
[snapback]109914[/snapback]
[/quote]

The 5/30 episode falls on the next to last week of the season this year. WOF and J! started their seasons one week later than usual this year.

Timsterino

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:47 AM »
Thanks, folks! It was such an amazing experience. As fellow long time game show fans, I am sure you can imagine my joy for those 22 minutes. I think it will be visible when the show airs. I will cherish that moment in time forever.

A couple of people have asked me if the experience was similiar to "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." I will say it was uniquely Wheel and uniquely awesome! ;-)

Thanks again to you all,

tvrandywest

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »
Congrats Tim! Knowing how much of a fan you are, I'm very happy for you. Have the telephone from InventHelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation) bronzed!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 18 2006, 02:38 PM\']Congrats Tim! Knowing how much of a fan you are, I'm very happy for you. Have the telephone from InventHelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation) bronzed!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]110464[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, Randy! That means a lot coming from you. :-)