Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR DVD  (Read 5254 times)

whewfan

TPIR DVD
« on: February 11, 2006, 06:07:34 AM »
I just bought the TPIR DVD!

Pricing Games: 12 different pricing games, including of course, PLINKO!

Gameplay: You can play the one bid, pricing games, showcase showdown, and showcases separately, so if you want, you can play the game just like Doug Davidson TPIR and skip the one bids.

Some of the pricing games are slightly altered with the gameplay...

In Cliffhangers, you're given a choice of four prices, instead of coming up with your own bid on a small prize

In Shell Game, there's no $500 bonus for getting all 4 chips

In the showcases, you're given a choice of 5 prices, so it's more possible to get a double showcase win, since one of those prices is within $250 or less of the retail price.

Graphics: The graphics are AWESOME. You feel as if you're in the Bob Barker studio, and the pricing game that's the most well done IMO is Plinko. You just have to see it for yourself.
The game incorporates actual prizes and actual prize descriptions.

Announcers: You'll hear the voices of several announcers, including the late Rod Roddy, Randy West, Burton, Dan Rosen, and I think I also heard Art Sanders.

Host: Todd Newton's voice can be heard describing the pricing games with some "Bob Barker-esque" flair.

Gripes:
During the one bid round, everyone writes down their bids. It's just awkward.

In the showcase round, they don't reveal the differences between the player's bids and the actual price. Of course, you can do your own math, but I would've liked to see it done the same way it was done on the show.

Overall:
A good way to pass the time and play some of your favorite pricing games. I hope if they come out with future editions, that they include more of our favorite games (maybe even some of the RETIRED ones) and be able to unlock new pricing games (just as you can do with Big Jon's version)

Adam Nedeff

TPIR DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »
Another gripe: The prize selection is too shallow. I realize that there's only so much that can be crammed onto a DVD, but playing it with my friends, we had no less than 12 repeats in a single hour of playing.

Aside from that, yeah, we had the time of our lives (my friends, who don't really like game shows, told me at various points, "I'm marking out a little for this, Adam.") Good graphics, good atmosphere, good party game, just not a perfect game.

FOXSportsFan

TPIR DVD
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:49:25 PM »
It's fun and graphically a marvel.  But, the repetitiveness is a downfall.  On the studmuffin scoring system of 1-10 it's worthy of a solid 7 out of 10.

aaron sica

TPIR DVD
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
The type of DVD player you have also seems to impair the game. In my Philips 5-Disc DVD changer, there's nothing like hearing Rod Roddy exclaim, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!"

GS Warehouse

TPIR DVD
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 12:43:32 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 11 2006, 05:51 PM\']... In my Philips 5-Disc DVD changer, there's nothing like hearing Rod Roddy exclaim, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!"
[snapback]109968[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think your game has been pirated.  [rim shot]

Veal, yada yada yada.

nbuckler14

TPIR DVD
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:20:28 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 11 2006, 04:51 PM\']The type of DVD player you have also seems to impair the game. In my Philips 5-Disc DVD changer, there's nothing like hearing Rod Roddy exclaim, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!"
[snapback]109968[/snapback]
[/quote]
it's done that in both of my DVD Players the one in my Compaq Presario Computer and my Apex Player, so I don't think it's the type of player....also I saw at least 2 screenshots from season 30, plus I saw Bob's Arm in one of the showcases lol
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR DVD
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 01:20 AM\']also I saw at least 2 screenshots from season 30, plus I saw Bob's Arm in one of the showcases lol
[snapback]109989[/snapback]
[/quote]

So?  And how is that laugh-out-loud funny?

nbuckler14

TPIR DVD
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 11:34:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 08:12 AM\'][quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 01:20 AM\']also I saw at least 2 screenshots from season 30, plus I saw Bob's Arm in one of the showcases lol
[snapback]109989[/snapback]
[/quote]

So?  And how is that laugh-out-loud funny?
[snapback]109994[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, the the screenshots weren't funny, but when I was wanting the game, although I was really wanting to, I didn't expect to see Bob at all, then I saw his arm....but after my original post I played it and saw a dresser as an IUFB and in the mirror you could see Bob, that's better than his arm.  Also another note, it has the mustang that Rachel ran into door #3 with.  And I know it's from that ep. because Rachel's sitting in it with a look of horror, and you can hear Bob laughing in the prize description.  Sorry bout that.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR DVD
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 03:32:19 PM »
Um wow.

On a side note: Does anyone know where one can still pick this up, besides online?  I've been in Wal-Mart, Target, as well as Toys 'R' Us in the last week, and none of them have it.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

TPIR DVD
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 03:32 PM\']Um wow.

On a side note: Does anyone know where one can still pick this up, besides online?  I've been in Wal-Mart, Target, as well as Toys 'R' Us in the last week, and none of them have it.
[snapback]110005[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are there any Kohl's by you, Mark?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR DVD
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 12:32 PM\']On a side note: Does anyone know where one can still pick this up, besides online?
[snapback]110005[/snapback]
[/quote]
I saw it at my local Barnes & Noble a couple weeks ago.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

TPIR DVD
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 05:22:20 PM »
I picked one up at K Mart a week ago.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

ChuckNet

TPIR DVD
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »
Are there any Kohl's by you, Mark?

That version's packaged in a tin as a "Special Edition", which I believe is the only thing "special" about it.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR DVD
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys....go figure K-Mart would be the one place that I didn't stop in.

Have a Kohl's nearby, but I tend to think they are pricier on most things, and I never would have thought to check B&N.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR DVD
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 09:56:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 06:35 PM\']Have a Kohl's nearby, but I tend to think they are pricier on most things, and I never would have thought to check B&N.
[snapback]110021[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wouldn't have either, but the last time I was down there (to get a Visual Basic book I had my eye on), I discovered they had a not-too-bad selection of games. (Your milage may vary, this was one of the larger B&N stores in town.) Usually you just expect a bookstore to have Pictionary and Cranium and whatnot, but they had a fair amount of stuff, including the TPiR DVD.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe