Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Game Show home game  (Read 8329 times)

uncamark

New Game Show home game
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
Wasn't "DOND" using the studio at TV City where "Dancing" and "Idol" are televised?  Couldn't it just have been an availability issue?

cmjb13

New Game Show home game
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 13 2006, 12:31 PM\']Wasn't "DOND" using the studio at TV City where "Dancing" and "Idol" are televised?  Couldn't it just have been an availability issue?
[snapback]110047[/snapback]
[/quote]
I did not think of that and it's quite possible. But they taped 5 shows about 2 weeks ago at CBS when Dancing was still in production. And On Camera Audiences does not list Dancing using that studio on the same day. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't be using it.

Either way it really doesn't matter. I'm just curious if the set will be any different size wise.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:57:14 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
New Game Show home game
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:09:01 PM »
Idol hasn't moved back into 36 yet, so that studio was open for Deal to tape in. I would imagine that Dancing is occupying 46 for the rest of their season (don't the dancers sometimes practice on the set in the days before the taping?), so Deal took 36. Which studio did Deal use for the first five episodes?

--
Scott Robinson

cmjb13

New Game Show home game
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 04:38:06 PM »
Deal used 46 for the first 5 shows.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Bob Zager

New Game Show home game
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »
Click the following link, and scroll down, and you'll see BOTH the handheld and table top versions of the game:

http://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/ToySho...yshow.asp?id=85

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New Game Show home game
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 09:44:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Feb 13 2006, 04:35 PM\']Click the following link, and scroll down, and you'll see BOTH the handheld and table top versions of the game:

[snapback]110070[/snapback]
[/quote]
EXTREME Rock Paper Scissors? Wow.

(Although I admit that I do have an I-Top, got it as a desk toy, and they are a whole lot of fun. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

New Game Show home game
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 11:50:04 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Feb 13 2006, 04:09 PM\']Idol hasn't moved back into 36 yet, so that studio was open for Deal to tape in. I would imagine that Dancing is occupying 46 for the rest of their season (don't the dancers sometimes practice on the set in the days before the taping?), so Deal took 36. Which studio did Deal use for the first five episodes?

--
Scott Robinson
[snapback]110060[/snapback]
[/quote]

What?  "Dancing" is taped?  I thought it was LIvE?!?!

(okay, I'm being silly, I know that.  But in all seriousness, "Dancing" is live, just as "Idol" is.)

BTW, I'm almost certain "Skating with Celebrities" is in the same Idol/Swan studio.

cmjb13

New Game Show home game
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 06:32:11 AM »
Skating tapes at Renmar. Idol's at CBS. Not sure where Swan taped.

sshuffield70

New Game Show home game
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »
"Swan" was a reference to its' season ending pageant.  The regular eps were mainly set at some unspecified mansion of some sort.  I don't know either, but it looked like they used the "Idol" stage for those

Tony

New Game Show home game
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Feb 13 2006, 07:35 PM\']Click the following link, and scroll down, and you'll see BOTH the handheld and table top versions of the game:

[snapback]110070[/snapback]
[/quote]
Okay, I have to ask this:
What justification does the Deal or No Deal game have being a 4-player game?  I mean, there's only one player at a time, for crying out loud!

BTW, I attended the DOND "cattle call" in Huntsville, AL last night (2/13).

cmjb13

New Game Show home game
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 10:06 AM\']BTW, I attended the DOND "cattle call" in Huntsville, AL last night (2/13).
[snapback]110115[/snapback]
[/quote]
There was one this past week in NY, which I did not attend. I'm not sure if I'm even eligible.

Assuming every "cattle call" is the same, what did it entail?

Tony

New Game Show home game
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 02:19:01 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 10:30 AM\']Assuming every "cattle call" is the same, what did it entail?
[snapback]110119[/snapback]
[/quote]
I can only speak for mine, but it was held at a local sports bar (I just might be feeling the ill effects of all the tobacco smoke right about now; I normally don't patronize those types of establishments;)).
I arrived at about 6PM and stood in a long, snaking line for about 3 hours.  At the start of the line, each person was given an application form to fill out, which took me about 30 minutes to read through and give answers.  At the end of the line, a group of 15 people were called into another room (which was considerably less smoke-filled, or I may have just gotten used to the smoke at that time).  Once there, the group was gathered around a table with one of the crew (a contestant coordinator, I presume) who the proceeded to collect the application forms and then ask  questions to each of us, going around the table.  This was presumably to gauge how each of us might do on TV, and to help determine if they thought each person might be a good fit for the show.  Each group was then informed that if any of the applicants were to be called back within 2 weeks, each person so picked were to bring a minimum of 4 "supporters" to a place to be designated for the tryouts.
The audition part lasted about 15 to 20 minutes, after which each of the group left for home.  There were 2 other groups of 15 in the same room with a different crew member.  No mock game was played at all.

cmjb13

New Game Show home game
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
Not that it matters, but On Camera Audiences confirms Deal will be taping at Sunset Gower going forward.