Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Today's Millionaire...  (Read 3583 times)

Sonic Whammy

Today's Millionaire...
« on: February 13, 2006, 11:32:20 PM »
Hey, guys.

I've been trying to figure this one out for over a week now, and it still does not make sense. The episode of Millionaire that aired today was recorded on Election Day, 11/8/05. I know because I was there in NYC to see it (and fail the test in the process, but that's another story.)

That episode was the second of two episodes taped, and we were told it would air today. The first was said to air on Feb. 3, which makes sense because of the Disney week last week. The problem is, I've looked at the Feb. 3 ep and it is NOT the show I saw live. What's worse, I know for a fact that I was on camera in the audience on THAT show.

Well, so much for catching a glimpse of myself on TV finally...

But seriously, do you think that there is any way they altered the order of the episodes? If so, how?

Research continues...
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Ian Wallis

Today's Millionaire...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:55:18 AM »
But seriously, do you think that there is any way they altered the order of the episodes? If so, how?

The only way I can think of that they could alter the order would be if a new contestant was brought out at the beginning of a show, and that (or another) contestant stopped playing right at the end.  I've seen that senario many times this season.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

StevensM

Today's Millionaire...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 05:10:47 PM »
They have been playing around with the order of the episodes this season in the manner Ian described; they have some flexibility with episodes (or groups) that do not begin/end with a holdover contestant.

You're in luck, because I don't think any other episodes taped on November 8 have aired yet.  If I find out when they will air, I'll let you know.

Sonic Whammy

Today's Millionaire...
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »
[quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 05:10 PM\']They have been playing around with the order of the episodes this season in the manner Ian described; they have some flexibility with episodes (or groups) that do not begin/end with a holdover contestant.

You're in luck, because I don't think any other episodes taped on November 8 have aired yet.  If I find out when they will air, I'll let you know.
[snapback]110162[/snapback]
[/quote]
Excellent, yes, e-mail me, keep me posted.

Like I said, there were only two episodes taped on November 8th, and yesterday's show was the second of the two. Yes, the first one DID finish with a contestant wrapping up their game, so that's why yesterday's show started with a brand new game.

All I remember about that first show was that it was a male contestant, and that he was an art teacher. I would say how much he won, but I don't want to overstep my bounds here. If you want that, e-mail me.

Thanks for this in advance.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now