Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show on Docket for New Fox Network  (Read 7045 times)

FeudDude

Game Show on Docket for New Fox Network
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 05:58 PM\']I suppose someone who knows more about the world of television could correct my reasoning, but I find it amusing that UPN and the WB are combining due to paltry market shares, and many of the stations left out in the cold . . . are consolidating into another netlet.
[snapback]111025[/snapback]
[/quote]

To me, this looks more like a glorified syndication package than a proper network.  It kind of reminds me of Sony's "Screen Gems Network" from a few years back, but in primetime, and with original, first-run programming.  

On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing these stations rebrand as My 9, My 50, etc.

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 07:22:28 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 06:16 PM\']On another note, I wonder if we'll be seeing these stations rebrand as My 9, My 50, etc.
[snapback]111028[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes - WWOR is going to rebrand itself as "My9TV".

pownster

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 08:32:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 22 2006, 12:53 PM\']
"America's Brainiest" (working title) (Celador ("Who Wants to Be A Millionaire")) -- This quiz show, based on the hit British program, will find the country's smartest individuals and reveal them in an exciting format.

--------------------

In addition, the press release stated:

In addition, Twentieth Television is in advanced negotiations with FremantleMedia North America ("American Idol") on an international format.

-------------------------

The question is--game, comp or reality (or maybe even a scripted format)?  We shall see.

Unfortunately, ukgameshows.com don't have a fully-loaded page on the original British version of "Brainiest," so there's no format description there to link.  The series was hosted by Carol "Countdown" Vorderman, with a one-shot special hosted by Tess Daly, who's the Samantha Harris of "Strictly Come Dancing" ("Dancing With the Stars") over there.  Don't know if they'll continue with a woman for the U.S. version--I'm afraid it just might be Jillian Barberie.
[snapback]110861[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have a description of the Aussie version of the show ("Australia's Brainiest....") on my website - it follows the exact format of the British version. It has sprouted a whole series of specials - featuring anything from comedians to quiz show champs.

Australian Game Show Home Page - Australia's Brainiest....
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 02:16:45 PM »
[quote name=\'pownster\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 07:32 PM\']I have a description of the Aussie version of the show ("Australia's Brainiest....") on my website - it follows the exact format of the British version. It has sprouted a whole series of specials - featuring anything from comedians to quiz show champs.

Australian Game Show Home Page - Australia's Brainiest....
[snapback]111041[/snapback]
[/quote]

So the Celador bible seems to require a female host.  Once again, we can hope it isn't Jillian Barberie (or Dorothy Lucey, which could even be worse).  At least "So You Think You Can Dance" has been renewed, which knocks Lauren Sanchez out of the running.

sshuffield70

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 08:06:14 PM »
The difference is Jillian would probably dress the same as Brooke Burns did on DED.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 08:23:11 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Feb 24 2006, 05:06 PM\']The difference is Jillian would probably dress the same as Brooke Burns did on DED.
[snapback]111169[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which is really all she's good for, IMO, and even that doesn't do much for me since I've heard her open her mouth.

/ball gag
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 12:25:37 AM »
Which is really all she's good for, IMO, and even that doesn't do much for me since I've heard her open her mouth.

Yeah, joking about spanking while guest-hosting R&K won't exactly endear you to the fan base...LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")