Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC reveals Monday DoND action  (Read 7862 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
NBC reveals Monday DoND action
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:17 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 11:34 AM\']Seemed to me that in December, they did three different Lucky Case drawings--one for the Eastern/Central time zones, one for Mountain and one for Pacific--so that everyone had an equal shot.
[snapback]111563[/snapback]
[/quote]
Right, and very likely they do the same thing here. Thing is, though, the East Coast had to make a wild-assed guess as to which case had the $10K, while someone on the West Coast could call someone on the East Coast and know where it was in advance, and gain a competitive advantage that way.

So, just easier and fairer for everyone to make it a completely random shot.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »
Um . . . Chris, unless my memory is shot (and it is), I'm pretty sure the *in-game* $10,000 case has nothing to do with the home viewer game. The prize for picking the latter is $10K, yes, but that's not supposed to be what's *in* it.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 05:41:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 02:03 PM\']Um . . . Chris, unless my memory is shot (and it is), I'm pretty sure the *in-game* $10,000 case has nothing to do with the home viewer game. The prize for picking the latter is $10K, yes, but that's not supposed to be what's *in* it.
[snapback]111585[/snapback]
[/quote]
I am almost positive that during the initial run of the show, the Home Viewer Game asked the viewer to pick the case with the $10,000 in it during the actual game in progress, and once it was found, entries were closed and the winner was selected based on those entries that picked that case.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 04:41 PM\']I am almost positive that during the initial run of the show, the Home Viewer Game asked the viewer to pick the case with the $10,000 in it during the actual game in progress, and once it was found, entries were closed and the winner was selected based on those entries that picked that case.
[snapback]111589[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think Robert's right on this one.  Going back to Scungio's transcript for night one (using the "find on top of page" command so I didn't have to sift through the whole thing)--the lucky case had $300K in it.

Doug
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 06:11:30 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »
http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9563&hl=dond

If this recap is accurate, the first $10K was revealed in the first set of picks, at the top of the show, and the second one was still hidden among 15 suitcases at the end. Not much room to play the home game there.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
Maybe I'm nuts, then. I could have sworn this was how it worked.

NickS

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 07:40:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 06:17 PM\']Maybe I'm nuts, then. I could have sworn this was how it worked.
[snapback]111592[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are nuts, but you're correct on how it worked.  The Lucky Case Game was inconsequential to what the case had inside -- it's what number the case was.  "Case" in point -- NBC is playing a "Lucky Case" game with the affiliates, and there's no amount of money in 1-26; it just depends on the random number chosen.

The difference here is that they are actually showing where the $10,000 is in the golden velvet-lined briefcases.

On a related note, I'd like to (tm) velvet-lined briefcases as a euphemism.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 04:40 PM\']You are nuts, but you're correct on how it worked.  The Lucky Case Game was inconsequential to what the case had inside -- it's what number the case was.
[/quote]
Ah, I see. So they just picked a lucky case, and once it was opened (whether it had $1 or $3.98 inside), at the next break they said "Hey, that was the lucky case, stop texting!"

Good deal. Thanks for assisting my misremembrance. :)

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 07:22 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 04:40 PM\']You are nuts, but you're correct on how it worked.  The Lucky Case Game was inconsequential to what the case had inside -- it's what number the case was.
[/quote]
Ah, I see. So they just picked a lucky case, and once it was opened (whether it had $1 or $3.98 inside), at the next break they said "Hey, that was the lucky case, stop texting!"
[snapback]111603[/snapback]
[/quote]

To be more exact, a graphic appeared when the Lucky Case was opened stating that fact.